On the 25th of january, 2013, a fire broke out in a home in Monrovia.
The fire was attributed to faulty wiring in a closet. The homeowner was out looking for her dog when the blaze broke out and thankfully was not harmed.
Monrovia Fire Chief Christopher Donovan said a preliminary investigation determined that the fire was caused by an electrical issue in a closet. The house was a complete loss and he estimated the damage at $250,000.
Fire fighters head toward the blaze.
A Monrovia police officer escorts the homeowner and her dog to a safe location.
A man comforts the homeowner.
A firefighter sheds his bunkers after battling the blaze.
The homeowner and her dog retreat to safety as flames rise from her roof.